I have been in practice as a psychotherapist since 1988, working with clients from early adolescence onward in individual, couple and family therapy. I am a Gestalt therapist. The Gestalt approach to therapy differs from other types of therapy such as cognitive-behavioral in that it is an experiential therapy, so that instead of just talking about your problems and getting suggestions about how to handle them, sessions will be designed to raise your awareness of how you are re-creating old patterns of stuckness, and experimenting with ways to create a different experience of yourself in the present moment.
Issues I frequently work with include:
- Depression and suicidal feelings
- Anxiety disorders – obsessive-compulsive, body dysmorphic, panic, and agoraphobia
- Drug, alcohol and behavioral addictions
- Self-esteem and self-image problems
- Marital and relationship conflicts
- Psychotic disorders such as bipolar illness and schizophrenia
I have office hours Monday through Saturday. I accept a limited number of insurance plans, so be sure to ask if your plan is accepted. I also have a sliding fee scale for those who do not have insurance.